Who is covered:
Any child under the age of majority in their province or territory who
- permanently resides in Canada
- is registered or eligible to be registered under the Indian Act
- has one parent or guardian who is registered or eligible to be registered under the Indian Act
- is recognized by their nation for the purposes of Jordan's Principle
- is ordinarily resident on reserve
Is Tutoring at Sylvan Learning Covered:(Yes)
Any tutor selected to meet the needs of the student will be covered as long as,
- The students teacher (within a recognized school system) recommends tutoring for the student.
- The students guardian approves of the tutoring.
- All proper paperwork has been submitted.
What else is covered by Jordan's Principle.
For minors who meet the requirements of 'who is covered', Jordan's Principle can also offer assistance in the following areas,
- Health needs such as mobility aids, wheelchair ramps, addiction services & more.
- Social needs such as social worker, land-based activities, specialized summer camps, respite care and more.
- For a more complete list of items covered please see. https://sac-isc.gc.ca/eng/1568396296543/1582657596387
How can Sylvan Learning of Red Deer help?
As well as being able to provide the tutoring services needed for k-12 tutoring, Sylvan Learning can also help with the following,
- Get more information about Jordan's Principle.
- request funding for tutoring or specialized camp we provide.
- get copies of forms.
- put you in touch with local service coordinators for First Nations communities.
- contacting the students teacher to align with curriculum and address teachers concerns.
How to get started?
Simply give us a call at 403-341-6110 or email email@example.com and we will gather some information to start the process.